2 July 2013

Widgets

Happy Tale (about a cat)



Approximately two years ago from the day I am writing this, my lovely Nala was born. Today, you would never know that this precious girl was born feral and could easily have been euthanized along with the rest of her colony. In the time that I have had her, she has become a completely integral part of my life. She is a snuggler, an entertainer, a companion, and a sweetheart. Her purr, which the shelter mentioned on her Petfinder bio, has become even bigger and happier, while her shyness has turned into boldness (except for when the vacuum is around or a stranger is at the door). She adores our Beagle, who our other cats never liked, and she is a little shadow who just loves to be around her family.

When I looked on Petfinder for a cat, I had recently lost my 17-year-old tabby and felt a gaping hole. I knew a new pet would never fill this, but I had the room and the desire to give another cat a home, along with the hope that she would be a great pet for, with any luck, another 17 years or more. Never did I imagine finding the most special little girl that I've ever known. She will look me right in the eyes and every morning she's there as I get ready with her huge purr and larger-than-life personality. I am so thankful that I went looking on Petfinder, because though she is not a replacement for the sweetheart I lost, she is an amazing cat in her own right and I couldn't imagine my life without her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...